We’re giving you a peek into what makes Orthopedic Institute (OI) tick by shedding some light on our best and brightest.
Today’s featured team member is Lee Arnold, one of our physician assistants (PAs). We’ll take a deep dive into what Lee is all about by asking burning questions about what brought him to OI, what he loves most about working with our awesome patients and, perhaps most importantly, what snack he hits up when he hits the cinema.
All right, Lee – tell us all about it!
1. What made you want to become a PA?
I was working for Honeywell as an electronic technician in their research development lab in Minneapolis. I ran into a friend from high school who was a PA at a major orthopedic group in the Twin Cities. We started talking about our jobs, and I was intrigued with his job duties and decided to change careers.
2. What’s the best part of your job?
It’s not a job – it’s fun! Every aspect of my job duties I find enjoyable, especially all of the patient contact.
3. What are the strengths of OI’s team?
We have a talented group of doctors who are supported by a group of hardworking individuals.
4. What’s the best part about working with the patients?
Getting to know them on a personal level.
5. If you could tell every patient one thing before they arrived, what would it be?
You’re going to get the best possible orthopedic care at OI.
6. How do you spend your time outside of OI?
I like to go boating, fishing and hunting or just hang around at home working in my garden and doing yard work.
7. What is your go-to movie theater snack?
The largest popcorn, soaked in butter, with a large Cherry Coke.
8. What’s your ideal birthday?
Time with family and a good meal.
9. If you could have dinner with one fictional character, who would it be?
On a Spanish galleon with Jack Sparrow
Lee is just one of the many great, highly qualified physician assistants we have on-hand at Orthopedic Institute – get to know what our team has to offer.